Armenian National Section of IBBY (International Board on Books for Young People) was established in 2013.
The main missions and objectives of which are
1. to unite the figures in the fields related to children’s books and to solve common issues and problems with joint forces
2. to organize cultural events aimed at promoting children’s literature, such as book art festivals, presentations, seminars, master classes, in cooperation with local and international cultural organizations.
3. to contribute to the promotion of reading, the popularization of children’s books, the strengthening of the book-reader-publisher-library-bookstore connection
4. to contribute to the increase and popularization of the role of books in Armenia, to the promotion and development of book art and culture education
5. to contribute to the promotion and development of the culture of children’s books and children’s books illustrations.